Coffee isn't just for those chillier days, it can also be a great way to get going during the hotter months. With summer just around the corner, we've put together some coffee drinking recommendations to keep you cool while getting caffeinated.
Pour-over Cold Brew
The Pour-over is a popular, easy and delicate brew method. It produces a beautifully clean cup of coffee and does a brilliant job of highlighting all the coffees natural flavours and nuances. To elevate your experience, select a brew from our coffees ideal for pour overs.
Bring your filtered water to the boil. While waiting for the water to boil, fit the filter paper in the cone and rinse with hot water to warm your cup and cone.
Your freshly ground coffee should be finer than a plunger setting but coarser than espresso. We recommend using paper filter grind. Place 15 grams of ground coffee in the filter-lined cone and place the cone on your warm cup.
Top tip 💡You can select the grind of your Jasper coffee to match your preferred brew method.
- If you have scales, place the cup and cone setup on the scales. We recommend Acaia Pearl Brewing Scales.
- Start by pouring enough water to saturate the coffee, about twice the weight of the coffee (in this case, 30g of water).
- Leave the fresh coffee to “bloom” for about 30 seconds. This allows the coffee to de-gas and arrange itself evenly, this gives you an even extraction.
- Pour water slowly in a circular motion, to bring the total amount of water to 240g.
- If you aim to finish pouring at the 2-minute mark, you will have a total brew time of 2:45.
- Discard the paper filter and the spent coffee grinds in your home compost.
Transfer your coffee into an iced filled glass, add a splash of milk to your taste and voila, you are ready to sit back, relax and enjoy a refreshing brew.
Choc-spresso Smoothie 🍫
- 1 Espresso shot or 2 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 1 ripe Banana
½ cup of your preferred yogurt (ideally unflavoured).
- 1 tablespoon Peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of milk of choice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
Top tip 💡 We recommend using a coffee with a chocolate or caramel notes, like our Caffeine Club or Nicaraguan Matagalpa. If you're using instant, try our Fairtrade, Organic instant coffee.
- Place all your ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Taste the smoothie to see if it needs anything extra e.g. additional ice, cocoa powder or extra coffee.
- If you add anything, give the smoothie another blend for roughly 30 seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass. If you want to get extra fancy, top with cinnamon or nutmeg.
Affogatos are an iconic Italian dessert made with ice-cream and coffee. The contrast between the sweet ice-cream and bright coffee make a perfect and delicious contrast. We personally recommend picking coffee featuring earthier, nutty flavours, such as our Blend Eightor Blend Two, to complement the ice-cream.
- Ice-cream (vanilla, coffee or chocolate all work well!)
- Espresso shot
- Garnishes e.g. shaved dark chocolate, hazelnuts, whipped cream
- Place two scoops of your favourite ice cream in bowl
- Tip the espresso shot over the icecream
- Cover with your favourite garnishes