Autumn is here and we're getting excited for cool weather, colourful leaves and cozy sweaters.
We've put together three recipes perfect for curling up with a book, warming up after a walk in the cool autumn air and for those of you who live in Melbourne's variable climate, cooling off after an unseasonably warm Autumn day.
This recipe combines rich sweetness with a spicy kick, into a delicious Autumn drink ideal for an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Two shots of espresso will work as well. We recommend using our nutty, silky sweet Blend Nine to complement the spices.
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper (Be gentle with this one, it's where the heat is!)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
¼tsp of nutmeg
- 1-4 tbsp heavy dairy or plant-based cream.
Note: If you are using the espresso shots, add a small amount of hot water like a long black. Make sure to leave enough room for the cocoa mix and cream.
Top tip 💡
If you're looking for a little extra depth and richness, use our decadent hot chocolate
. If you're not looking for a caffeine hit, pick up a bag of our Cafe Feminino Decaf.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Pour the coffee into a large mug, stir in your cocoa and then mix till smooth. Spoon in the cream to taste.
- Add a dusting of additional spices or cocoa for some extra flavour.
This tea is perfect for when your craving a warm, rich favour but are keen to minimise caffeine.
- Boil water.
- Brew the tea leaves for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and pour the brew into a medium pan.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, simmer on low heat for roughly 20 minutes.
- Strain the brew and pour into a large pitcher.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and dried orange slices.
Iced Ginger-Cinnamon Latte
For those Autumn days when summer lingers, but you're still wanting to channel cooler weather, rainy days and autumn leaves.
- 3/4 ounces of your preferred milk.
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of strong coffee (espresso, moka pot, or AeroPress)
- Mix coffee, fresh ginger, cinnamon and honey in a small saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat until the honey is dissolved.
- Strain the brew into a mug, removing the ginger pieces.
- Add frothed milk to the mixture*
- Top with a pinch of cinnamon.
*Note: If you're looking for tips on steaming plant-based milk, check out our blog on plant-based milk and coffee.